Wednesday, September 3, 2014

10 Good Ways to 'Tell Me About Yourself'.

10 Good Ways to 'Tell Me About Yourself'.

Now, prior to I share a list of 10 remarkable answers, think about the two essential elements behind the responses:.

The medium is the message. The interviewer cares less about your answer to this question and even more about the self-confidence, enthusiasm and interest with which you address it.

The speed of the response is the response. The greatest mistake you could make is pausing, stalling or fumbling at the onset of your response, thus demonstrating a lack of self-awareness and self-esteem.

Next time you're confronted with the feared, "Inform me about yourself ..." question, attempt these:.

"I can summarize who I am in 3 words." Grabs their attention immediately. Demonstrates your ability to be concise, innovative and compelling.
"The quotation I live my life by is ..." Proves that personal development is an essential part of your growth plan. Also shows your ability to motivate yourself.
"My personal philosophy is ..." Companies hire athletes-- not shortstops. This line indicates your position as a thinker, not just an employee.
"People who know me best say that I'm ..." This response offers insight into your own level of self-awareness.
"Well, I googled myself this morning, and here's what I found ..." Tech-savvy, fun, cool people would say this. Unexpected and memorable.
"My passion is ..." People don't care exactly what you do-- people care who you are. And what you're enthusiastic about is who you are. Plus, passion unearths enthusiasm.
"When I was seven years of ages, I always wanted to be ..." An answer like this reveals that you've been preparing for this job your whole life, not just the night before.
"If Hollywood made a move about my life, it would be called ..." Engaging, interesting and entertaining.
"Can I reveal you, instead of tell you?" Then, pull something from your pocket that represents who you are. Who could resist this response? Who could forget this response?
"The compliment individuals give me most frequently is ..." Nearly like a testimonial, this response likewise indicates self-awareness and openness to feedback.
Keep in mind that these examples are just the opener. The key is thinking how you will follow up each answer with pertinent, interesting and concise explanations that make the already bored recruiter look up from his stale coffee and think, "Wow! That's the best response I've heard all day!".

Eventually it's about addressing quickly, it's about speaking artistically and it's about breaking people's patterns.

Career Advice from TheLadders.
Seats, sips, "powder", and pow-wows.
It's not about me, it's about you ... the 20 questions you need to ask in a job interview.
Name-Dropping During an Interview.
How to Know When Your Personal Brand Isn't Working.

I understand your fear with such answers. Responses like these are risky, unexpected and unorthodox. And that's exactly why they work.

Otherwise you become (yet another) non-entity in the gray mass of blah, blah, blah.

You're hireable because of your answers. When people ask you to tell them about yourself, make them glad they asked.

Let me ask you this: How much time did you dedicate this week to ending up being more interesting? Let me suggest this: For the list called, "61 Stupid Things to Stop Doing Before It's Too Late," send out an email to me, and you win it free of charge!
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment